Best Laser Skin Resurfacing Near You in Miami, Florida
For the past 25 years, Miami plastic surgeon, Dr. Galitz has used laser resurfacing to treat a variety of skin challenges, ultimately freshening and beautifying the skin. As technology has progressed, it has become more and more difficult for patients at large to understand their use and to select which laser may be best for their individual needs. Dr. Richard Galitz offers the full array of laser resurfacing and treatment options. What follows are summaries of each laser so you may better understand in what ways you may benefit from laser skin resurfacing. This is a great opportunity for you to review these options and contact us to schedule your complimentary skin consultation to determine your candidacy and to ensure all of your questions are answered.
Laser Resurfacing and treatment options include:
Regular CO2 Laser, Erbium Laser CO2, Fraxel Laser While the aforementioned laser options are the most popular, there are numerous other lasers for more specific indications (i.e. port wine stains, psoriasis, hair removal). Please contact our office directly at 305.666.1774 for an appointment to discuss your options and to determine which laser skin resurfacing option is best for you.
What Type of Laser’s Are Used For Skin Resurfacing?
There are a number of laser options that can be chosen for skin resurfacing each with its own advantages. If you are considering having laser skin resurfacing done in Miami it is best to reach out to a qualified plastic surgeon near you to discuss which laser will work best with your skin.
Regular CO2 Laser
The carbon dioxide laser has been around for years, allowing for the precise removal of thin layers of skin without damaging the surrounding tissues. Advantages:
- This is the best option to deal with more serious skin problems and is the most powerful laser available
- Excellent for treating significant, deep wrinkles and sun damaged skin
- Ideal for major skin imperfections like traumatic or acne scarring
- CO2 laser requires full IV sedation throughout the procedure
- Longer recovery period with scabbing for 7-10 days and possibly redness thereafter resolving over time
- Potential for permanent scarring if not done by a very experienced surgeon
Since the CO2 laser is intended for more advanced wrinkles and sun damage, patients that desire a milder resurfacing can benefit from the erbium laser. This laser is for younger patients who are noticing the early stages of aging and are looking to reverse them. Advantages:
- When used aggressively, it can get great results comparable to the CO2 laser but without the many disadvantages
- Gentler on the skin because it can treat layers of skin far thinner than with the CO2 laser
- Simple nerve blocks and Xylocaine cream provide enough anesthesia for the laser
- Removes mild to moderate rhytids (wrinkles) and greatly improves even serious cases. It can also be used to treat acne with moderate success
- Recovery period is shorter than the CO2 laser, but there is still some scabbing for 5-7 days with redness for around 2 weeks
- May not be ideal for treatment of severe wrinkles, sun spots and other skin challenges
CO2 Fraxel Laser
This is a quite effective, relatively new laser using Fraxel technology and is a great improvement over the older generations of Fraxel lasers. Advantages:
- Only simple anesthesia of Xylocaine gel and creams are necessary
- Scabbing is minimal and lasts only 2 days
- Most redness and pink tones are typically gone within 7 to 10 days.
- Almost no potential for scarring for the ultimate in safety
- Mild wrinkles and skin imperfections are removed quickly and easily
- It is a one-time treatment but can be repeated as needed after 9 to 12 months
- Simple and relatively cost effective addition to any facelift, neck lift, eyelid or other facial plastic surgery, and a great method in conjunction with lower blepharoplasty or with fat removal (transconjunctival blepharoplasty)
- Ideal for those patients considering a lower blepharoplasty procedure but don’t want to deal with the long recovery time or excisions on their skin. With a little make-up, this procedure can be done on a Thursday and you can be back to work on Monday
- If any, it is not used for deep wrinkles, melasma or deep acne scars
Contact An Experienced Plastic Surgeon About Laser Skin Resurfacing Near You
You want to keep your skin looking its very best and laser skin resurfacing is an effective way to keep your youthful glow and deal with troublesome wrinkles. Dr. Galitz has been performing laser skin resurfacing procedures for over 30 years at the same Aventura Florida location just north of Miami. He is double board-certified, a Fellow of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and the prestigious American College of Surgeons. As well as an assistant professor at the University of Miami School of Medicine. Contact our office today to set up your appointment. We can also assist with eyelid surgery, nose jobs, chin augmentation, and more.
Miami Laser Skin Resurfacing Review
I would like to say dr Richard Galitz it’s the best Dr .
Thank you so much